- Learn beginner filmmaking with Nextwave Online
- All the know-how all in one place
- Discover and develop new skills
- Use your newfound skills
- Create your story and bring it to life
- Enter your short film via FilmFreeway and win prizes
- Premiere your film at SWIFF
- Win awesome awards and prizes!
- Have your film screen around Australia
2022 COMPETITION NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS!
COMP CLOSES OCTOBER 25TH
SWIFF’s Nextwave Youth Film Festival, now in its eighth year, is on the hunt for the next wave of young filmmakers across Australia. If you’re aged between 10 – 25 years, keen to make a film, have your work seen across screens, and win some awesome prizes…then we want to hear from you!
Make a film (under 5 minutes) including the 2022 theme and item (transformation/green) and submit via the FilmFreeway portal below!
LEARN FILMMAKING ONLINE
To start you on your filmmaking journey, SWIFF’s Nextwave team have created Nextwave Online, a step-by-step film education program that guides you through how to make your first short films – with no previous experience needed!
Nextwave Online is a new film education and development program providing you access to 10 fun, engaging and educational workshop episodes that cover the fundamentals of making a short film: from writing to filming to editing, and everything in between.
- The first season of Nextwave Online for 2021 is complete with 10 workshop episodes, including fun activities, workshop companion guides and loads of resources to help students and teachers throughout the entire short filmmaking process.
Your Subscription to Nextwave Online 2021 includes:
- 10 x comprehensive workshop episodes on how to write, film and edit short films (each episode is approx. 20 minutes long)
- A unique login to access all workshop episodes via the Nextwave Online learning portal
- Links to additional resources, workshop companion guides and activities to get the most out of your new film education
- Access to the complete Nextwave Short Film Archive (previous Nextwave competition films), so you can see all the previous winners and finalists of the Nextwave short film competition (NB, films contain adolescent themes)
- Free entry into the 2021 Nextwave short film competition (open to youth between the ages of 10 to 25 from anywhere in Australia). Competition is open now until October 12.
$100 for your complete subscription OR get FREE access by Applying for NSW Creative Kids Voucher.
STEP 1 – Visit Service NSW ‘Apply for a Creative Kids Voucher‘
STEP 2 – Receive your confirmation email and Creative Kids voucher from Service NSW.
STEP 3 – Visit Nextwave Online, enter your CREATIVE KIDS VOUCHER NUMBER and YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH
STEP 4 – You will receive an email acknowledging your purchase and instructions to access Nextwave Online.
TEACHERS – Class packs
SCHOOLS – Councils can purchase school packs
Nextwave Online is made available via our new learning management portal on our website. Each participant receives a unique login to access all the content for the season.
New episodes will be available regularly with participants able to view and learn at their own pace. JOIN NEXTWAVE ONLINE!
SWIFF'S NEXTWAVE TEAM
|Directors||Dave Horsley and Kate Howat|
|Program Assistant and Editor||Saige Browne|
|Communications Coordinator||Giordan Pakes|
|Brand Manager||Julie Toussaint|
|Digital Development Manager||Ben Toussaint|
|Workshop Contributors||Mayfly Media, Noiselab|