Regional Arts NSW is the peak body and service agency for arts and cultural development in regional NSW. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation governed by our regional membership of 14 Regional Arts Development Organisations.
To champion, develop and support the creative arts and cultural sector through the network of 14 Regional Arts Development Organisations in NSW.
A vibrant, dynamic and engaged creative arts and cultural sector that is valued as integral to the development and vitality of regional communities in NSW.
- Strengthening and supporting the network of Regional Arts Development Organisations in NSW
- Strengthening, developing and maintaining our grants programs
- Fostering and promoting the value of the arts and cultural sector in a local, regional and national context
- Playing a key role in supporting the ongoing development of a vibrant and sustainable regional Aboriginal arts and cultural sector
- Demonstrating leadership in effective governance and sustainable financial management.
Regional Arts NSW is committed to increasing access to cultural opportunities and resources for communities in rural and regional NSW. We value the importance of working together and partnering with stakeholders to deliver outcomes for Regional Arts Organisations and their communities while supporting strong and sustainable cultural development.
We recognise and support diversity within communities, including cultural and linguistic diversity, acknowledging that different groups of people have different needs and aspirations. We respect the right to self-determination for Aboriginal people in their cultural affairs and creative practices as well as respecting the aspirations of the Regional Arts Development Organisations and regional communities and their right to determine and pursue their own cultural development plans.