- Learn beginner filmmaking
- New content added every year
- Learn and develop new skills
- Utilise your newfound skills
- Bring your story to life
- Enter your short film into the competition!
- Premiere your short film at SWIFF
- Win some amazing awards and prizes
- Have your film screen around the country
WELCOME TO REGIONAL AUSTRALIA'S BIGGEST YOUTH FILM FESTIVAL!
SUBMISSIONS OPEN NOW UNTIL SEPT 21ST
SWIFF’s Nextwave Youth Film Festival, now in its sixth year, is on the hunt for the next wave of young Regional filmmakers. If you’re aged between 10 – 25 years, live within regional Australia, keen to make a film, get your work seen and win some awesome prizes…then we want to hear from you!
LEARN FILMMAKING ONLINE
To start you on your filmmaking journey SWIFF’s Nextwave team have created Nextwave Online.
Nextwave Online teaches you step by step how to make your first short films – with no previous experience necessary.
Nextwave Online is a new film education and development program providing you access to 10 fun, engaging and educational workshop episodes that cover the fundamentals of making a short film: from writing to filming to editing, and everything in between.
- The first season of Nextwave Online for 2020 is complete with 10 workshop episodes, including fun activities, workshop companion guides and loads of resources to help students and teachers throughout the entire short filmmaking process.
Your 12-month Subscription to Nextwave Online 2020 includes:
- 10 x comprehensive workshop episodes on how to write, film and edit short films (each episode is approx. 15-20 minutes long)
- A unique login to access all workshop episodes via the Nextwave Online learning portal
- Links to additional resources, workshop companion guides and activities to get the most out of your new film education
- Access to the complete Nextwave Short Film Archive (previous Nextwave competition films), so you can see all the previous winners and finalists of the Nextwave short film competition (NB, films contain adolescent themes)
- Free entry into the 2020 Nextwave short film competition (open to youth between the ages of 10 to 25 living in regional areas). Competition is open May 1 – Sept 21.
$100 for your complete 12-month subscription OR get FREE access by Applying for NSW Creative Kids Voucher
- Visit Service NSW ‘Apply for a Creative Kids Voucher’
- Receive your confirmation email and Creative Kids voucher from Service NSW.
- Visit Nextwave Online, enter your CREATIVE KIDS VOUCHER NUMBER and YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME and DATE OF BIRTH
- You will receive an email acknowledging your purchase and instructions to access Nextwave Online.